Today, our comprehensive services address every physical and emotional need of patients with head and neck conditions -- from surgery to voice rehabilitation, dentistry to swallowing. Our integrated approach teams the patient and their primary care physician with specialists in the disciplines of:
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Nutritional Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Oncology Social Work
- Maxillofacial Prosthodontia
- daily rounds on inpatients
- discharge planning and home health care coordination
- speech, voice and swallowing therapy
- outpatient follow-up
- patient and family counseling and support
- patient and family education
- patient assessment
- head and neck cancer tumor board and patient care conference
The Center also offers services for adult and pediatric patients with speech, language, voice, cognitive-communicative and swallowing disorders. We have sophisticated voice and dysphagia (swallowing) programs, incorporating state-of-the-art equipment including laryngeal stroboscopy, videofluoroscopy, (FEES) fiberoptic endoscopy, sEMG, transnasal esophagoscopy, Botox, Laryngeal EMG, and a swallowing workstation.
Our personnel are truly dedicated to providing excellent care by extending their commitment into the community with free oral cancer screenings, and by offering long-term follow-up programs to primary care physicians.
For more about The Milton J. Dance, Jr. Head & Neck Center, please call 443-849-8451 or email us.