Monday, August 12, 2013

Human Papillomavirus HPV and Implications

Good morning, I would like to report my case what comes passing through moments of anxiety very strong in recent months. I had an affair with an ex, but recent FSW, 19 years (certainly infected with HPV) for one year. Were an average of sixteen months for vaginal sexual relations. Never performed oral sex or contact with the hands of her genitalia. Always used condom in ALL relations and washed genitalia shortly after the relationships. The problem has always been that relations before kissing her on the mouth. Since maybe 16 episodes contact with the tongue, in the first six months and something in the last six months. Certainly had some contact with her ​​saliva, probably not much, just the tip of the tongue, and maybe some saliva on the lips. I saw several things about the transmission of HPV 16 by kissing and risk of cancer. Here in Brazil, the doctors know little about it. Please, doctor, give me some peace, so I can return to my life. Sorry my English. Thank you very much.

Barbara Messing MA CCC-SLP, BRS-S replies...

I understand your concern and anxiety surrounding the Human papillomavirus HPV and its implications. 

I have attached a link to an article written by our esteemed Head & Neck Physician colleagues, Dr. Carole Fakhry and Dr. Gypsyamber D'Souza. They have written a detailed article to address the questions that many patients and their family members have regarding HPV risk factors, prognosis and implications for past, present and future relationships.   

This article and the patient education brochure should answer your HPV related questions.  


CLICK HERE  for the article and the brochure.

Thank you for posting your questions to our online Q&A.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment