Monday, July 30, 2012

Voice Projection

I have a muscle disease that makes it hard to project my voice and a lot of times (especially in loud environments, i.e. a car or restaurant) people have a hard time understanding me. I have a couple devices I've tried that kind of work but haven't found a real solution that works all the time. I was wondering if you could give me some help with this. Thanks

Barbara P. Messing, M.A., CCC-SLP, BRS-S replies...

Hello,


Thank you for your email. The best way to approach your voice problem is to have a laryngeal evaluation to determine how your particular 'muscle disease' is affecting your vocal fold muscles.  That is truly the only way to provide you with any recommendations to help you improve your voice.

Please let me know if you are able to come into our Voice Center in Baltimore, Maryland. To schedule an appointment please call 443-849-2087 or let me know if you prefer email and I will have our front office contact you through your email address.

Kind regards,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment